We've Been Living our Happily Ever After for

Friday, September 30, 2011

wanderlust of a bride to be

It's 3am and I'm supposed to be sleeping but I cant so I shant.haha..Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory makes my day any day. Anyhow, I looked at my profile pictures on facebook and realized my great love affair with travelling- 2010 and 2011 have been awesome years by far. From all the places I've been to, I realized that I have learned valuable insight on traveling, but mostly it's just common sense I'd like to put into writing.

1. DREAM BIG.
I've always wanted to go Singapore but I never thought  I'd be able to with 600 pesos. Not literally, but our tickets only cost 600 pesos and that's roundtrip. yep, roundtrip. Dream of that one place that you've always wanted to go to and do your best to achieve that dream vacation.

2.GOOGLE, GOOGLE, GOOGLE AND GOOGLE SOME MORE
Search Engines and the Internet are two of the best things that happened to backpacking. Maximize the power of the internet and look for as much information as you can. For example, only after googling have I learned that the places that we will visit in Cebu are literally spread across the province and it was also through browsing that I learned that most paid attractions in Singapore go over 30 sgd...but some things still come for free... :)

3. BE REALISTIC.
no, I'm not being paradoxical. I just mean that flights will be late, traffic will always be there, the bus will not always come on time and things will be more expensive than u expected. Always be on your toes while travelling and never let the small things ruin your trip. Always have a back up plan so that if things dont go as planned, you wont be so bummed out. Likewise, be flexible at all times and cross out some things in your checklist if it means you'll be safer and/or enjoy more.

4. Take as many photos as you can!
The Pasalubong will be eaten and given away, your memory will betray you sometimes, souvenir shirts will fade and be damaged in time but photos are your best reminders of a wonderful vacation...Photos can also betray you- Beautiful pictures dont always equate with beautiful places in the same way that some pictures dont do justice to the place because the places are way better in person...

I wanted to post pictures but laziness got the better part of me..so bye-bye peeps.. Until the next musing or wedding preps related post!

No comments:

span.fullpost {display:inline;}